See the mighty and terrible face of war in a world of magic. A critically acclaimed high fantasy adventure path for 5th Edition from veteran authors such as Ari Marmell (Heroes of Horror, Tome of Magic), Wolfgang Baur (Editor DUNGEON® Magazine 1992-1995), Wil Upchurch (Midnight®, Champions of Ruin), Darrin Drader (Book of Exalted Deeds, Serpent Kingdoms), and Ryan Nock (ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution, Elements of Magic).
Now for 5th Edition!
- War of the Burning Sky 5E Player’s Guide
- War of the Burning Sky 5E Campaign Guide (for GMs only)
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #1: The Scouring of Gate Pass
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #2: The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #3: Shelter From The Storm
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #4: The Mad King’s Banquet
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #5: Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #6: Tears of the Burning Sky
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #7: Trial of Echoed Souls
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #8: O, Wintry Song of Agony
- War of the Burning Sky 5E #9: The Festival of Dreams
As the new year turns, the weather takes a sudden chill turn, and the sky darkens as the grip of winter intensifies. Worry rises as regular channels of communication between nations cease like a candle suddenly snuffed. Slowly, throughout the lands claimed by the Ragesian Empire, rumors spread between isolated villages, traveling by foot and horse and word of mouth — rumors that Drakus Coaltongue, the immortal emperor whose armies conquered every land he set his gaze upon, has fallen in a distant land to the west. How the tyrant was defeated is unknown, but if it is true, everyone knows that a war is coming. The generals of Emperor Coaltongue will strike for control, oppressed peoples will rise up in rebellion, and dangers once held in check only by fear of the mighty warlord will bring doom to the world.
Those in power are preparing for the coming conflict, readying fervent armies and powerful weapons and subtle, deceptive plots, but two questions burn in their minds: who killed the seemingly-immortal Emperor Coaltongue; and what has become of the artifact that would let a man rule the world? Who has the Torch of the Burning Sky?
E.N. Publishing presents a saga of twelve adventures where would-be conquerers bring the world to the brink of annihilation, and it is up to the heroes to decide who will rule in the aftermath of the great war – perhaps an ally, perhaps themselves, perhaps even anarchy. They can usher the world into a golden age, or let it be scorched under a rain of fire.
A cohesive storyline, memorable NPCs, imaginative set-pieces, moral conflict, action, adventure, politics – War of the Burning Sky has it all!
Your heroes will….
- Escape a besieged city
- Traverse an eternally burning forest
- Save the Resistance headquarters from destruction
- Ally the dukedoms of Dassen
- Penetrate the castle where Coaltongue died
- Pursue the assassins who slew him
- Recover the Torch of the Burning Sky
- Rescue hundreds of imprisoned mages from an icy fortress
- Destroy the Koren Obelisk
- Defend Gate Pass from a Ragesian invasion
- Save the gold dragon Trilla from her dreamworld prison
- Defeat a mile-long living airship and its traitorous creator.
And then, in the stunning finale to the War of the Burning Sky adventure path, the heroes will lead their armies on a final assault against the might of the Ragesian Empire, and cut out the heart of their foe, the tyrannical Leska.
So what are you waiting for? Grab the first adventure, The Scouring of Gate Pass (5E), right here!
Note — you can also get these adventures on the Roll20 platform.